- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website
- How data is used.
- With whom data may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data, and how you can correct inaccuracies.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- Data Retention and Disclosure Policies
1. Information Collection
Our business involves the collection of significant data from Owners and/or Agents about their properties for rent. In addition we collect data from Renters in order to improve our ability to match them to desired rental properties, and to make their use of our websites more efficient. Both types of data above may contain personally identifiable information including but not limited to name, address (both personal and for rental properties), phone numbers, e-mail addresses, user names (including to other sites e.g. Facebook), passwords and URL information. To the extent Owners, Agents or Renters purchase products or services from us or through us, we may collect credit card, ACH or other payment information. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. In addition to having access to/collecting information that Owners, Agents and Renters voluntarily give us via registration, other information entry on this site, email or other direct contact from you, we may complement/add to such information through other publicly-available sources.
2. Information Use
We will use Owner and Agent information (including personally identifiable information) to publicly display information about their properties and how to contact the Owners and/or Agents, including distributing such information to other websites/media platforms, except as follows:
- Email addresses will not be publicly distributed.
- Credit card, ACH or other payment information will not be stored or displayed. Credit card, ACH and other payment transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology
- Renter information may be transmitted to Owners and/or Agents for the purposes of inquiring about rental properties.
Renters, Owners and Agents will also have the ability to rate and review properties, and comment/respond to other ratings/reviews. Such postings will be linked to the posters profile (as defined above), and any information supplied into such postings shall become the property of RentalSpot.com and may be publicly distributed by RentalSpot.com.
The RentalSpot website(s) contain(s) links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We may use aggregate Client information that is non-personally identifiable in marketing materials, financial reports and other public communications. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We may also use "web beacons" or similar technologies on our site(s) to track how users arrived at our site(s), and what users do on our site(s). The goal is to improve the services we provide and the experience users have on our site(s), and to improve our relevancy on the Internet.
We may use the information you have supplied to us to contact you directly. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- A monthly newsletter
- Service/account updates
- Inquiries by Renters
- Feedback/Ratings/Reviews of properties associated with you
3. Information Sharing
Your personal information will not be shared with 3rd parties, except:
- In cases where you have given us permission to do so
- In the event we use a 3rd party to fulfill our services (e.g. email distributions), and such party has agreed to keep information confidential
- As applies to Owners and Agents, we will distribute property, Owner and Agent information throughout the Internet and other interactive and traditional media for the purpose of promoting such properties and our services and interactive sites.
4. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. Owners, Agents and Renters may access their profile pages at any time at www.rentalspot.com and choose to correct information, or terminate their account.
While no computer system is completely secure, we take industry standard precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our websites are not designed for minors under the age of 18. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 18.
7. Data Retention and Disclosure
All data may be stored or archived indefinitely, even after it is "deleted" and no longer displayed on our website. RentalSpot.com may disclose information (including personal identifiable information) if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes. In addition RentalSpot.com may disclose information (including personal identifiable information) to law enforcement officers or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) enforce a law or legal ruling; (ii) enforce our Terms and Conditions; (iii) respond to claims that rights of third parties are being violated; or (iv) protect the rights, safety, or property of RentalSpot.com, our employees, users, Owners, Agents, Renters, or the general public.
This Privacy Statement is subject to occasional revision. If you object to any such changes, you must cease using our website. Continued use of our website following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. This statement was last updated on August 5, 2009.